The Davis Family Foundation has implemented a new online application process beginning with the August 10, 2018 deadline. We will only accept applications submitted through our online grant system. Organizations that have submitted a proposal using the previous paper application process are considered "New Users" for the new online application system.
Regardless of whether you have an existing account (from a previous online grant round), you must select the "Click Here to Start Your New Application" link to start a new application.
- Returning users will enter the appropriate email address and password for their organization's account.
- New users will establish an account and password. When you establish an account, an automated email will be sent to you with your account password.
- Please note, if you if you have applied online to the Davis Conservation Foundation, you should use the same login information for the Davis Family Foundation.
To return to an application in process for the current grant round, check your email for the link sent when you last saved it.
- We encourage you to cut and paste your narrative responses from a word processing application to ensure work is not lost. The Online Application Preview document to the right under "Downloads" can be used for this purpose.
- Fields with a red asterisk are required for submission.
- Save your work frequently as you are filling out the application.
- Click the "Email Draft" link at the top of any page to share a copy of your draft application with others in your organization. Please note, the emailed draft version is not editable.
- Click the "Next" button at the bottom of each page to move through the application. You may also click on the page title tabs at the top of the application to toggle between pages. Do not use your browser's back and forward arrows.
- It is recommended that you save your work frequently as you are filling out the application.
- Click the "Save & Finish Later" button at the bottom of any page to save your information and exit out of the application. An email will automatically be sent to the email address associated with the account with a link to log back in and continue working.
- The Foundation does not have access to your draft applications.
- After each deadline, any unsubmitted applications will be deleted.
- Click on the "Review My Application" tab at the top of any page to view the application in its entirety. The fields will be populated with your completed answers. You will have a final chance to review and amend your work prior to submission.
- You must click the "Submit" button on the bottom of the "Review My Application" page to complete the submission process. An email confirming your submission, including a copy of the completed application, will automatically be sent to the email address associated with your account.
- Please note that the Foundation does not see your application until it is submitted.
Grant Review Process
Trustees meet in March, June, September and December to consider requests. Proposals are judged on their merits and in comparison to others received. The Foundation normally notifies applicants of the Trustees' decision within one week of each regular meeting, and applicants receiving an award may expect to receive payment within one month of notification. Organizations that receive a grant from the Foundation are required to submit completion reports online.
Please review FAQs before contacting the Program Officer or Grants Administrator.