Presidential Grant Program
Trustees Change Status of Presidential Grant Program
The Presidential Grant Program is now an ongoing program of the Davis Educational Foundation. After two successful years of grantmaking under this program, Trustees have removed its status as a temporary offering.
First announced in May of 2015, the Presidential Grant Program seeks to assist college and university leaders in laying the foundation for campus-specific or collaborative initiatives to redesign ongoing practices with intent to contain cost increases and improve college affordability.
Two Levels of Funding
Level One -- up to $2,500 for first-step awareness building activities that broadly engage the campus community.
Level Two -- up to $10,000 for follow-up or longer term, deeper exploration or pilot initiatives.
The maximum grant term is one year.
Examples of funded projects:
- Exploration and implementation of accelerated degree programs
- Administrative or academic restructuring
- Financial and economic literacy programs
- Curricular efficiency surveys
- Institutional strategic planning
See the Foundation's grant history search page for a complete listing of Presidential and Implementation Grants addressing cost and student affordability.
Use of Funds
- Collect, prepare and present campus data and related information to create greater awareness among faculty, staff and administrators of the current status and trends regarding institutional finances, student affordability and related trends
- Hire a consultant or facilitator
- Convene a task force or committee(s) around alternative approaches to administrative, student and/or academic delivery, including open educational resources and text books
- Conduct a retreat for senior administrators and trustees
- Convene potential collaborating institutions to explore administrative practices, student support, and/or academic cost saving initiatives.
Applicants considering financial workshops for their trustees or personnel may wish to consult this list of key financial questions to consider from University Business: https://www.universitybusiness.com/article/13-key-financial-questions-answer-trustees